I am always trying to find tasty healthy vegetarian appies to bring to parties that people will actually like and want more of. I tried these two recipes out at a super bowl party we hosted and I must say they did not disappoint! I hope you guys enjoy these!
Creamy Roasted Tomato and Basil Hummus
This hummus is easy to make and has a ton of flavor. It is sure to be a healthy party hit.
2 cups of cooked chick peas or one 15-ounce can chickpeas
2 roma tomatoes
2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 °F.
2. Place the tomatoes skin side up pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil over the tomatoes and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour.
3. Place the basil and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
4. Once the tomatoes are done put them in the processor until smooth.
5. Place chickpeas, pepper and remaining salt and process until smooth and then add olive oil.
6. Add Greek yogurt and process until mixed in.
Stone Fruit Ginger Salsa
This recipe is one of my faves for sure and a fun spin on the traditional pico de gallo salsa but equally delicious! This is a good salsa to make big batches of and can.
This recipe serves 4 people.
6 medium non-ripe stone fruits (nectarines, peaches or apricots)
1 small red chile with seeds removed and minced
1 small red bell pepper diced
1 tablespoon minced shallot or red onion
1 teaspoon of peeled minced fresh ginger
1/3 cup of fresh cilantro chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Baked corn chips
1. Wash, pit and dice stone fruits then put in a bowl.
2. Add the chile, bell pepper, shallot, ginger, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Adjust as necessary to taste. Let the salsa stand for 20 minutes at room temperature to allow flavors to meld.
3. Serve with baked corn chips.
This salsa doesn't last too long (2 days) unless canned so be sure to enjoy it quickly!
I hope you enjoy these recipes and if you happen to try them out please let me know your thoughts and if you tweaked anything to make it even more tasty!